Sunday, January 25, 2009

Oh Give Me a Home, Where the Ugly Mugs Roam...

...And the coffee is hot all day.
Where seldom is heard

"This joe tastes like turd,"
And there is always a fresh pot on the way.





My ugly mug and me.
Together forever.



At first I wasn't sure he was the one. But his charming (sexy) blue, zombie-like eyes, (sexy) pig nosed bull face, and (sexy)odd smell won me over.



The rope design has lassoed my heart the way it adorns even the lumpy handle.




And on the back... thats right... spurs. Ya know, to give my coffee that extra (sexy) kick.




We met at the Goodwill store one dark and... um... actually the weather was quite nice for winter. There were others in the running but something about this one mug steered me toward it. I was udderly convinced it was the best ugliest mug I had ever seen.

If you agree with me won't you please go on over to Linda's blog at 2nd Cup of Coffee and tell her mine is the ugliest (sexy) mug you have ever seen... please...

Vote for my ugly mug...
by leaving a comment
about my ugly mug

at 2nd Cup of Coffee
On Jan 26th

my coffee habit is at steak...
and thats no bull.



OK, I'll stop.


(Ugly is the new sexy)


And My Love wanted to enter as well...

Here is the ugly mug he chose...





I informed him ever so gently that his ugly mug did not qualify for the contest but he insisted that I show it anyway.

22 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Hilarious!! Okay, so I think your mug should win! I'm headed over to 2nd cup of coffee!!

~Beth

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That was so funny! Great post complete with pictures.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

I am going to vote for you. Your mug sure is ugly : )

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Ohmygosh you are HILARIOUS! Can people get points for poetry? Would you be trying to influence this former English major with poetry? Oh, that was so funny. This is classic "you." Those icy blue eyes are so hypnotizing--how could you have ever resisted "picking him up"?!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post and your mug. I also was found shopping at Goodwill for any ugly mug and they had a good selection! I'll be back-I love to smile and looks like this is a good place to find those.

Dena said...

Ok you're whole post cracked me up!! I love the pig nose...on a uh, hello...cow (I say to the designer, not you LOL).

Good luck today!!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

OK I admit. This IS ugly.
But SEXY? That's a stretch.
You're in the running though.

. . . you warm your coffee right there directly on the gas burner? You really don't like this poor mug, do you?
I pity the mug.

Marsha said...

I seriously thought about promising each entrant to vote for their mug if they would vote for mine but figured my guilt would be as obvious as a stain on a blue dress... so I'm simply here to grovel.

Holy Cow! This is a great post and you are very persuasive with your song writing skills... and that's no bull! hmmmm... the competition is fierce! I hope you'll come check out my ugly mug before you vote!

Marsha

RissaRoo said...

Wonderful! Oh man, those scary bull-eyes are really something else. And your post is so funny!

a Tonggu Momma said...

You've made my short list. Definitely. Then again, I'm not from Texas.

Jodie | Velour said...

Hi there! I'm a newbie here - and I just wanted to let you know that I voted for your mug, because as I told Linda, SWEET MERCY, that thing is ugly! And yet, in spite of itself, it still finds a way to be lovable. It should definitely win you some tasty Starbucks! :)

Andi said...

Okay Becky, my vote is cast. I actually looked at all of the ugly mugs, and yours was the ugliest. So, if you win it will be fair and square not because you resorted to high school dramatics and begging your BFF to vote for you because the just had to, because they were your BFF and that's what bff's do. So, I voted for you. Yours is the ugliest mug, with the bony-nose witch in a close 2nd. Of course, I could totally picture myself using the witch one because it's so ugly it's cute. And now I've done an entire post in your comment section. Woops!

Mocha with Linda said...

I dunno. That's waaaay too close to a Texas longhorn for me to vote for it! LOL

Now, the one your husband chose is another matter entirely!!

Greg C said...

My wife thinks I am crazy too but I did it anyway. I almost got a bull mug but I went with the cow.

betty said...

I love your sense of humor; good choice of mugs; heading over to vote for you now

betty

Susanne said...

Bonus points for all the word twists and humor and for the pic at the end! LOL.

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Love the mug and I need it for my kitchen. Your post was great.

Skoots1moM said...

thx 4 making me laff!
what a hoot!
this is so much fun...

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

Very 'punny.' =)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

This was certainly the most creative entry I've read so far!! :-)

Steered you that way...and mug on the range...OH and the modified song at the beginning -- OH the laughter!

Great job!

Darlene R. said...

Thank you for checking out my mug today. Yours too, is an ugly one!

Good Luck!!

Sandra said...

That mug is... HIDEOUS!

AND GORGEOUS at the same time.

To think... someone actually manufactured that thing!

He does have nice blue eyes though.. your're right.