Monday, January 05, 2009

My Poor Love

He had to go back to work today. And it was back to school for me and the kids. I think I got more done before lunch than I did the entire time My Love was on vacation. Three full weeks he had to putz and lend a gallant hand to his frazzled momwife. The last week he was home I think I went into town every day ALONE just because I could.

The first week we were snowed in for the most part and lost power for two of the days. Back when we were not so kid endowed it was hard to adjust to Daddy being home. His presence would throw a wrench into our well oiled daily schedule and it was a relief when he would return to work. Not so this time. Something about the magic number of four kids under seven just made me thankful to have another grown up around. The fact that it was My Love was an added bonus.

Today I was struck by the fact that I relish extra help when I went to use the bathroom. No sooner was I seated than a child let out a blood curdling scream because another child had apparently breathed her air. I hear tiny, tear laden footsteps running toward the bathroom... MY bathroom and I am all at once bombarded by the complaints of my royal subjects against one another. It must have been a mother who coined the phrase "sitting on the throne" because sitting there is conducive to making rulings.

"PRIVACY PUH-LEEZE,"

I shout in a mom voice which means obedience is necessary for life to proceed.

Other than that the day has gone well. School ran smoothly... my ducks are in a row.

Quack.

13 comments:

Mel said...

Sorry your love had to return to work...and then back to all the other stuff that happens in the household..mine do the same thing, especially when i try to shower.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Glad to hear everyone is getting back in the "routine"..my son came home with all this homework..I think I enjoyed the break more than him!!! Now, I am off to do homework or should I say "look over a shoulder"!
-sandy toes

Unknown said...

Oh my. I have never had 4 people follow me into the bathroom. Just one was enough to drive me a little crazy : ).

I didn't want the break to ever end. It was so perfect this year!

Robin Lambright said...

I would love to say that I longly remember those days, but I have to be real and say that is is so nice to have the potty all to myself.

I will get the occasional light tap on the door from my daughter (13 years old) from time to time but those are far and few between.

They do grow up and you will get to preform your bodily function in blissful peace at a point in the very near future.

I can promise you that.

Blessing
Robin

Femin Susan said...

I Enjoyed your bathroom story.

T said...

I'm with you on the bathroom issue, I think we can no sooner than sit now to potty before corruption explodes!!
Thank you for all the prayers you have sent this way. You will never know how much I appreciate it!

Andi said...

I'm confused...I posted a comment, and it didn't show up? Did you delete it? Am I being censored? Isn't that against my constitutional right? Well, here's what I said...

Becky, you are crazy...I hadn't thought of The Jerk in years...But it sounds like you need to add a padlock to "all you need" instead of just a paddle ball...

Sorry you had to get back to the real world!

Stonefox said...

Happy 2009 Becky! Your bathroom experience sounds like mine! Breathing each other's air...boy oh boy. Just let us pee in peace, please! It is good to know that we moms are all in the same boat, though!

Sande said...

May I recommend you get a ride on mower ... it's harder for them to use, err get you little loan being able to hear what they are saying. [huge sarcasm]

betty said...

oh my gosh; I remember those days of not being able to go to the bathroom alone for just a few minutes! that was a cute story

so neat that your Love was able to be home for that long period of time! it must have been lonely without him except for the young-uns around though which is always, I'm sure, a wonderful thing too!

betty

Sandra said...

So glad you are back!!! I missed ya!

When my hubby is home... all my mojo is messed up.

Happy New Year!

Dena said...

I remember those days of having hubby home messing with our schedule. Somedays I felt I needed to post the schedule for him so he'd know. I'm sure he'd have LOVED that. LOL

Garden State Kate said...

LOL, Mine went back to work on Friday..it was sooo nice, but the kitties missed him. lol
We did get a lot done, just different stuff than when he's here. It was nice to leave the house alone, run to the store or library on a whim...