Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Songbook

Not many feelings can surpass the love of a mother for her children. All of my kids hold a special place in my heart that is all their own, but at the same time I love them each with my whole heart. I don't love any one of them more than the others because I adore them all for the unique qualities they possess. Their individual quirks make me smile and cause old ladies in the grocery store to say, "Oh, isn't that precious, what a little darling."

My little Eden loves oatmeal, cold, uncooked, and it must be eaten at the counter. I know, maybe it's not the grossest thing a kid could love, but c'mon :-p However, I have decided that this is one of those battles best left unfaught. Besides, the air surrounding the breakfast table can be somewhat noisy and whiny depending on which side of the bed her siblings woke up on. There are times when I won't even sit with them ;-) So she eats at the counter most mornings. I love her... my Little Chipmunk. Her unique preference causes me only to love her more. She is an individual, her own personality in training ;-)




I too am a personality in training. I have my quirks... BIG ones, but somehow I know that Christ will work in me to use those quirks to the glory of His Father. I am an individual in His eyes and He paid for me with His whole life... not just a small part of it. He loves me despite my ...ahem... unique character traits and has promised to stand by me forever.


Jesus Loves Me

Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.

Refrain

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! This I know,
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, “Let them come to Me.”

Refrain

Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Refrain

Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven’s gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

Refrain

Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.

Refrain

Jesus loves me! Loves me still,
Though I’m very weak and ill,
That I might from sin be free
Bled and died upon the tree.

Refrain

Anna B. Warner, 1860

Cyber Hymnal


For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephsians 3:15-19


7 comments:

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

What a cutie and I LOVE her name!

Julie said...

Ooooh! We had an oatmeal adventure at our house this week, too! :D

And what a sweet children's hymn. Thanks for sharing it.

Miss you!

Joyfulsister said...

Awww Becky..
She is so very precious. I love oatmeal too *smile*. I feel the same about my kiddos, each has their own sweet personality just the way the Lord gave it to them. and I fall in love with each of them more and more everyday.

Hugz Lorie

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Cute moppet! ; )

Karen Deborah said...

you've got a cutie! do you share? Tap lessons, she's got that cute little Shirley look. I like raw oatmeal too. I put my oats on top of yogurt and slice up some nanas it's good.
but what a little peanut that girl is.

T said...

You know a long time ago someone told me that a mom will always love one child more than the others but I can honestly so it's just not true for me....I too can pick all their different things and just gush about them all! Your daughter is a beauty! Love that hair!!

Becky said...

aww! that is so sweet! and to know that we can know that jesus loves US!
your daughter is adorable. my niece is named edin!