Out in the parking lot the rest of the crew were still in the process of congregating. A car poured out the baseline of an indiscriminate tune. BOOM WHAPPA WHAPPA BOOM BOOM WHAPPA WHAPPA, it bellowed like the mating call of a bullfrog ... but with rhythm :-p One of them had managed to "snag" another's shoe and the game was afoot *snort* (sorry but I made myself laugh with that one... its late). Anyway, as I observed the rambunctious, crowd of 20-30 youths I remembered back to when I was their age, being too loud, maybe a little obnoxious, defiantly belligerent, and I thought to myself, "Since when did I become old?"
Then I thought there must be at least...
Ten signs that you may be getting OLD:
- You drive a minivan because you actually like it.
- You throw a mini celebration when you get carded.
- You catch yourself saying things your mother or father used to say.
- You have given up on plucking your gray hairs due to baldness.
- You use your cell phone to make phone calls.
- You are on the AARP's mailing list.
- You like prunes.
- Its hot when its cold and cold when its hot.
- You look for things that are on your person (glasses on head, keys in hand, remote in lap, shirt on back).
- The youthful antics of the adolescent annoy you.