Monday, July 28, 2008

I Fold

Just in case there was any question as to why I stay up incredibly late night after night I present to you the following photo as exhibit A. It clearly shows a couch in desperate need of being relieved of the five loads of clean laundry which is not only making the entire living room look cluttered but has also robbed Booger of her usual resting place upon its seat cushions.



Tonight I am armed with the first season of The Office(BBC version) to keep me company. I have found that I enjoy its offbeat humour ("u" is because it is British) and the morbid idiocy of the boss. Actually, he reminds me of my own bumbling inner thought life which seems to spill out whenever I open my mouth. Seriously, the entire show, with its awkward pauses and miss by a mile sarcasm, is me. I am awkward sarcasm manifested. I am The Office.



A shout out to Julie for introducing me to the Americanized series. I think of you every time I watch it. :-D *mwah*



P.S. I am finding that the British can get away with much more during their prime time programming than we Americans can, so if you plan to partake...bewares ;-)

3 comments:

Julie said...

How did you get a picture of my couch!?! LOL! Just try to be thankful that your family is blessed with so many things to wear.

I don't like the BBC version of the office as much as the American one, because the boss is the British one is down right mean with no redeeming qualities. At least Michael Scott is a lovable doofus who doesn't realize what a jerk he's being half of the time.

Also, Jim is much cuter! ;)

Now I'll have to record some Flight of the Conchords for you, because I am telling you, it is hilarious. (A little bit naughty, though-- that HBO likes to push the envelope.)

*MmmmmmWah!*

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I LOVE what you've done with your couch? I didn't realize I had stumbled on the Becky's Decor website.

Now, I don't mean to alarm you but as the children grow, so does the size of their clothing ... yep, you guessed it! Fewer actual clothing changes (for some) but the pile can attain some really startling heights. Soon they will all clamor for jeans and you can fold them in a snap (but transferring from washer to dryer can snap your back).

I always chose a really good movie like Out of Africa or some other looooong favorite for those occasions when the staggering heap required such a "reward" to make it through. Sounds like you've found something to keep you going ('cuz you've got many years to go, my dear). ; )

Stagnant Life said...

Hi Becky,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your blog is funny! That couch...i swear it looks JUST like mine. That's the story of my life: laundry and dishes. But, i wouldn't have it any other way. Do you live in Northern or Southern Cali? I live about 20 min SW of Los Angeles. I enjoy bird watching too (so does my son). we keep nature journals and draw birds that visit our backyard. Well, i will be sure to visit you again to make better friends with you :)
Take care,
Katrina