Monday, July 07, 2008

Here Gato, Gato, Gato...

I have no idea why, but in our home all things kitty are referred to as gato. I know it is the Spanish word for cat, however, neither My Love nor I speak Spanish. Despite that, we have always called our kitties gatos. All our kids call kitties gatos, and I have a hunch that our grandkids will also call kitties gatos.....




.....currently owning us are our
dos gatos; Booger (no eye rolling Debbie), and Daphne,

*singing in my best Rosemary Clooney/Vera-Ellen voice*

Sisters, sisters, never were there such devoted sisters...

ok... I'll stop :-p

sister gatos we adopted about five years ago. You have met Booger before so lets start with Daphne aka Daffers.


She is a little bit of a loner. Skittish around guests and kids she only allows My Love and me to really pet her. She spends most days curled up on our bed. She loves laundry day and welcomes warm loads of clothes dumped upon her. Daphne is a chin gato.




Booger, Boogs, or Boogboog, on the other hand, is the most tolerant gato I have ever met. She is usually sleeping somewhere in the living room and has been, poked, pinched, pulled, jabbed, yanked, pushed, grabbed, thrown, dropped, dressed, bitten, and sat upon. Yet she endures, with her squinty, gato grimace and unfortunate name ;-) Her favorite thing is to be taken up into a pair of capable arms, propped on a shoulder, and skritched till she drools.

3 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Adorable pics! Say hello to Daphne and "Aimee" for me. ; ) XO

Julie said...

Check out all the new blog posts!!! I love it! :D

When I was young, we had a cat named Poosy Gato. He was kind of a bugger, though. He would always suck on his tail and then whap you with the slobbery tip of it. He also had a tendency to barf on my bed and leave various mouse parts on my pillow.

LOL!

And Debbie, I just looked at your profile, and you sound like an amazing person! Of course, I should expect nothing less from friends of Becky!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Oh my word that looks like my laundry pile! LOL

I wish I still had kitties to sleep under it but my husband and one daughter are allergic. I miss the purring and the paw flexing and the meowing...

Kris