Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Campers

July 10th through the 13th was Crossway Fellowship's third annual family camp. We stayed at D.L. Bliss State Park on the Northwest shore of Lake Tahoe.





Despite the stifling haze caused by wildfires throughout California, we set up camp and went about the business of having fun. We had a great time riding bikes,





exploring,




playing in the sand,







( My Kiah is the head on the left :-D )





and swimming.





Marli stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa but we had Flip to fill her shoes. Playing the part of a 20 month old sure does wear a dog down. :-p





There were campfires and s'mores, sandy crevasses and sun kissed cheeks. Our bodies were sore but in a good way and we all slept well :-).




The trip ended with a church service on the beach where we were challenged to reflect the beauty of Christ as the waters of Lake Tahoe reflect the beauty of God's creation.





O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

words & music by Carl G. Boberg and R.J. Hughes

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love that hymn.

It looks like it was a fun trip... your children are adorable.

And that air mattress looked like lots of fun! ;)

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh look at those cute cuties! Looks like lots of fun -- except the sleeping-in-a-tent part -- PASS! : )