Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ABC, Wordful, and Watch Me Wednesday ~ A Triple Threat

Today is the letter D


D is for a Dozing, Dainty Dog

When Flip was a pup we never let her on the couch, but we have allowed her a few comforts as she gets older. She will be eight this Summer. She is, by far, the best dog My Love or I have ever owned... or been owned by as the case may be.




Her daintiness shows in the way she eats... if you give her a whole hot dog she will eat it one tiny bite at a time... and when she lays down she always crosses her paws. Such a lady that Flip.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






There are many times when my kids do something that totally impresses me. Not because I didn't think they could, but because I didn't know they could. On Monday we had quite a bit of snow lying around so my lovely daughter Kiah decided to make a snowperson. ( I am not trying to be PC but I dislike the word snowwoman).

I had become wrapped up in conversation with my mom for a while and when I turned my attention back to Kiah she had completed this masterpiece. Everything about her was perfect. She even had bangs, LOL. Her eyes are happy, she is having a good hair day, her buttons are straight, she has a cute, upturned nose. Kiah said it was supposed to be Grandma, but I think it looks much more like me. Good work, Kiah, good work indeed. :-D


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Watch Me Wednesday

In case you missed it I was the fortunate winner of an Ugly Mug Contest. Take a look at the top of my sidebar and you will see the mug that rocked the world of ugly mugs across the nation.

NOT MY FACE!!! :-p The coffee mug, silly goose!

Along with this win came a fabulous prize. A whole package of goodies from the hostess with the mostest, Linda @ 2nd Cup of Coffee.

Um, sorry the video is sideways... you'd think I'd know better by now :-/






Now in case you can't watch the actual opening of the package, below is all that was inside.



YUM! and YUM YUM!! and fun fun fun! Look at the adorable hand towels for Heart Day. Then there is that mug with a challenge to Espresso Myself everyday. A tasty smelling hazelnut candle (how did you know that was my favorite coffee flavor?) and of course, the reason I entered in the first place, the Starbucks gift card, because Starbucks is gooooooood but its even better when its free.

AND OH MY LANTA!!! That gourmet raspberry Chocolate bark is to die for. Seriously, if you are like me and you don't care for plain chocolate but love it in every other form then you must contact Linda and find out how you can get your hands on some of this stuff. You. will. not. be. sorry. It is soooooo good that I refused to share any, not even with My Love, despite his best efforts.





Thank you Linda, for everything!
I Ken Lee you, a latte! ;-)



Kiah Thanks you too. :-)



22 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I've fallen in love with your dog!! Great photos, and beautiful face. Then, I'm here for your W W and thought that building job was terrific. Love the hair.

My W W is about a family movie that I've watched several times, but just last time, I saw something that I've never seen before...can you see it? Come on over and test your vision skills.

Happy Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

The bangs on the snowwoman are so funny! It turned out really cute!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love the dainty dog and have to say I LOVE your couch ... I have TWO exactly like it!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness gracious! This was such a fun post!

I LOVE the snowWOman. It has bangs? That is too funny!

Your package looks fantastic. Thats what you get for putting in all that hard work to find the perfect ugly mug : ).

Happy ABC Wednesday!

Garden State Kate said...

She would get along great with my P..they'd be accessorizin them snowpeoples like no bodies buznezz!
;-) Enjoy your coffee!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I'm so tickled I'm about to cry! You are the sweetest thing, and of course, this video is precious with the kids there. Totally worth the crick in my neck. Their eyes are so sparkly with wonder, like you're opening a treasure chest instead of a cardboard box with a load of bubble wrap. Cracks me up! The 2nd video is the BEST! The crack of the slap is hilarious! Yesterday was my friend Cindy the chocolatier's birthday, but we're celebrating tonight. I'm going to make sure the girls watch this video at her party because we all play a part in her adventures in chocolate in one degree or another. Becky, you'll never know what your post did for me today, and I won't go into it, but what a HUGE blessing. Love you and your WHOLE FAMILY, even Flip the obviously British "Lady."

Andi said...

Oh, my lanta?!!!! That is now officially my new phrase! I love it! And YOU STRUCK YOUR LOVE!!!!! I could not figure out what the hey-diddle that video was going to be before i hit play. What a surprise! I literally LOL! Loved it!

Your BFF,
RRW

Dena said...

What a sweet dog and I love her eyes - gorgeous!

The crack of the slap made me laugh so hard. Too funny!

Congrats again on winning the box of goodies. :)

Sandra said...

That dog is great!

LOVE all the goodies you got! The mug is adorable... NOT an ugly mug...

Awesome pics! Again!

DaNella Auten said...

lol I totally love the rasberry bark "commercial" lol

Claremont First Ward said...

I LOVE how you combine all these fun Wednesday memes! The dog pictures made me laugh and the snow man is great!

Brenda said...

Your dog is adorable!

farmlady said...

Congratulations on winning the "ugly mug" contest. (I still think it's kind of cute.)Enjoy your prize!
Kiah's snow"person" is wonderful!

Flip is beautiful at 56 years of age. Does she know that a 10 year old dog won the Westminster Dog Show yesterday? It's a proud day for dogs.

Janie said...

Beautiful snowperson, and Flip is the dainty one. My lab crosses her paws, too. Always makes her look such a lady (although we know better!)

photowannabe said...

That is one dainty dozing delightful dog you have. Too cute and a great choice for the letter D.

Susie said...

What a beautiful animal! Love the snowman too. Great pictures:-)

Jen said...

that snow man is darling!

Tumblewords: said...

A fun post all around. Still laughing at the 'dainty dog' doing langorous on the lounge.

Karen Deborah said...

fun post, great win for your ugly mug investment, and what a dog! Your right they own us.

Mel said...

The snowperson how awesome was that!!! You need to do a video on Flip eating a hot dog...

Awesome prize pack...

Love love your triple threat..

Forgetfulone said...

What a fabulous package! And I love your dainty dog! Thanks for stopping by my ABC post.

Jay said...

Oh, I love your dainty dozing dog! She looks soooo comfortable!! Pretty eyes, too!