Sunday, April 05, 2009

Project 365 ~ March 22nd - April 4th

Wow, where have I been? I just can't seem to get back into the blog thing... I want to. I almost need to just so I can keep track of myself. ;-)

Well, I did manage to scrape together my pics for this weeks and last weeks Project 365, albeit a day or so late. At least we aren't being graded. Yikes!




Sunday, March 22nd occasionally the cats get to looking too comfortable, which makes me loathe them. I know they do it on purpose... they wait till I am at my breaking point with the kids to look the most serene... then to top it off they give a nice stretch, let out a little squeak, change positions and fall right back to sleep. Naughty, boastful, felines. As my revenge I snap photos of them while they are sleeping until the noise of the camera or the flash wakes them up.




If that doesn't work I give them a good poke.
Then I usually get a glare like this...





Monday, March 23rd some flowers wait inside my bathroom for the threat of freezing overnight temps to pass.




Tuesday, March 24th James insists that he take his bike on our walk despite my best efforts to convince him otherwise. Those training wheels just aren't made for gravel roads.




Wednesday, March 25th Its barely halfway through the day when the counter is covered with bandaid wrappers. A true sign that warmer weather is here to stay is the constant scrapes upon small knees and elbows.




Thursday, March 26th Eden enjoys part of her lunch in true kid style. Come on, is there anyone out there who hasn't done this as a kid at least once? I still do, but its not as fun cuz my fingers are too big now and the olives split. Oh, to be a kid again.




Friday, March 27th one must always be cautious when telling a four year old to pick out their own outfit for the day. Here we see Eden sporting a leopard print bathing suit, a purple pair of corduroy overalls, and a mesh cover up for lounging by the pool. If we didn't have to go anywhere and it was a little warmer then I would have let her stay that way.




Saturday, March 28th must have been a good day since there were big smiles all around.




Sunday, March 29th my plants emerge from the bathroom to find sunshine and a place to call home.




Monday, March 30th we plant our own strawberry patch. Each Monday the kids must observe the plants and draw a picture of what they find.




Tuesday, March 31st was a super busy day. I finished making the snacks for Campus Life and organized the last minute touches for the Easter egg hunt. I stuffed almost 250 eggs! By the end of the day I was exhausted. After I got home at the end of the evening I found this on our bed...




POKE!
hehhehheh...




Wednesday, April 1st we don't do April Fools Day. I just never got into it and haven't taught my kids about it...yet. What we did do since Kiah and James were with us for the Campus Life egg hunt I had them do one for Eden and Marli. They were very good egg hiders and egg finders.




Thursday, April 2nd when Marli falls too far behind on our walks I turn around and yell, "ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET, GO!" Then she runs as fast as she can to catch up. She actually goes pretty fast for a two year old... see the wind in her hair. :-D




Friday, April 3rd I planted some oriental poppies and despite my best protective efforts every bud is plucked by the kiddles before I could threaten their very lives if they touched them.

*sigh*

I'm sure more are on the way.




Saturday, April 4th is our 11th wedding anniversary. We went to see Coroline which was very dark, and not at all what I expected. Then we went to Red Lobster for a truely wonderful dinner. Our last stop was at IKEA which left both of us underwhelmed. The prices were great and the designs were nice but it just wasn't our style.

But before we left for our date I had to get it my fix of Insaniqurium. What is that you ask? Its a computer game that crept over here from my mother's house. You must protect your guppies from aliens as you advance through increasingly challenging levels... um... its sort of addicting... er... like ... uh... blogging.


13 comments:

Dena said...

You take great, fun pictures. I love the cat pics-too funny. I'm envious of your green thumb. Something I've never had. :-/

sara said...

great pictures. The look the cat gave you after the poke was priceless!!! You can definitely read it's mind!!

Oh, I have lots of pictures with olives on fingers!!!

T said...

Sounds like a great week too me!! And the cat....forget poking them...can I watch them fall off the couch?? Hehehe....

Garden State Kate said...

In my house, a constant refrain is.."stop pokin' that cat!" lol
I don't listen either..it's not fair they get so much more sleep than I do! ;-)

SmilingSally said...

I love the shot with the olives on the fingers. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my front door.

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Cat glares--my favorite!

BTW, I think you do a great job with schooling your 4 kiddos. I just had 2 at home and it can be so overwhelming at times. My oldest daughter is getting ready to graduate, so I am here to tell you there IS a light at the end of the homeschooling tunnel LOL

Greg C said...

We took all our plants out too but had to scramble last night because of the cold weather. Lets hope that was the last of it.

Celeste said...

I get worn out just reading your blog! Be careful poking the cat, they have a habit of getting their revenge!!! :)

Unknown said...

Your week seems so interesting : ). I love that they draw the updated strawberry plants once a week. How clever. You are such a great teacher.

Claremont First Ward said...

All of your pictures brought a big smile to my face.......as did your solution to my problem about hitting my toe with a hammer. Off to do that now. j/k. :)

Karen Deborah said...

great pictures and you really caught the cats with attitude! I used to put olives on my fingers too.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love seeing pics of the kids. The new blog header is adorable! : )

Happy Resurrection Day!

(Hmmmmm . . . comment moderation? What's that about? Hope you haven't been visited by any grumpy berries.)

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

my husband taught our niece to put black olives on her fingers... she still does it to this day.
I love the picture of the "big smile"