Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Coffee on the Rocks

I came upon this addiction quite by accident. I had made some coffee one morning which I planned on enjoying hot, fresh from the pot. However, as my mornings often do, it got busy with dressing mini-humans, brushing hair, doing school work and general housey/wife/mom stuff. As we were heading out the door I realized that my coffee was still being warmed on the maker so I just turned it off on my way out. By the time we got home the weather was too warm for a hot cup of joe so I thought why not make it cold. After all, I do enjoy the Starbucks Mocha Frappaccino cold from the bottle and those iced frappaccinos that are sold in the gas stations. So I worked my culinary magic on that cold pot of coffee and I think I came up with something quite comparable in flavor to those I mentioned above.

Brew two cups of stronger than usual coffee (the ice will dilute it). I use hazelnut creme because it has a sweet, nutty flavor.

Cool coffee for twenty minutes in the fridge then pour over five or six ice cubes. Be sure to leave room in the cup for creme and sugar.

Add one and a half tablespoons of sugar and one third cup of creme. You may want to adjust these measurements to your taste buds but I like it pale and sweet. I use a regular hazelnut creamer.

Stir well and enjoy. If all the ice cubes melt while stirring then add one or two more. It really tastes better while ice is floating in it.

MMMMMmmmmm.....

No comments: