Sunday, January 21, 2007

Spit Happens

So J, E and I (as in me) were left home to fend for ourselves as My Love went to pick up K from Awanas. We kept busy for a time by going through the toy basket and crawling around on the floor. I found Gumby and gave him a voice and with him got J to review his colors and animals and shapes and so on. However, J is three and a half so his attention span shifted, rather quickly, to wanting a video. Since Christmas, the video of choice has been Cars. If you haven’t seen it, do. It’s great for the whole fam. Just be aware that some younger kids might balk at the end of the tractor scene and Lightning’s dream sequence at the Cozy Cone afterwards. Anyway, I said, “No.” much to J’s disappointment. To distract his brain from the agony of denial I started blowing spit bubbles (OK…the first one was an accident but we won’t go into that). For the next ten minutes, I kid you not, J and E took turns popping my spit bubbles with their fingers. They were laughing hysterically. Gumby even got to pop a few.

I guess my point is if you need to distract someone, kill some time, or even if you find yourself in an awkward situation, try blowing a spit bubble. I bet who ever you’re with will smile…even if it is in disgust.

No comments: